20070624

Second Overall

I just came back from a race weekend with my uncle (he drives a race-car), and he placed second overall out of twenty-five drivers, and defaulted to first in our class (because we are literally in a class by ourselves). I won't get into the details of the the race, because unless you are there watching the race, its just not the same. Trying to explain the minutia of a race through text would be too dull to honor the experience, since I doubt many of you are fans of the sport.

The weekend was at California Speedway in Ontario Mills, and damn if it wasn't hot. I'm talking 110+ degrees, my uncle and I both drank at least 2 gallons of water the first day, and were still so dehydrated at the end of the day, we both had stomach cramps when we got back to our hotel rooms.

I had worked from 3 am to 8 am the morning we set out to the track, I then went directly to my uncle's house after working, and helped pack the tools up for the weekend, drove through messy freeway traffic (thankfully the track isn't to far away from the house) unpacked all the tools, and drove back to my house. My uncle then joined my sister and his wife to go to a Police concert, and by the time they had come back to get me to go to his place, it was 12 am (22 hours without sleep). Every night after that at the track was less than 6 hours of restless sleep for me (in a noisy hotel next to a freeway). Four days of sleep deprivation, race track grime, ear-splitting engine noise, and intense earth-searing heat later, I'm in front of my computer completely spent. It was fun. Here is a picture of the car:


Not a great angle of the car if you've never seen it before, I know, but I don't have any other ones right now. Well I'm tired, and lazy, so your lucky that I typed even this much. I'll post again later sometime when I feel more.... I dunno. Whatever. Need sleep...

No comments: